- This event has passed.
Facilitating Connectivity Conference
14 March @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
FACILITATING CONNECTIVITY CONFERENCE
Join us on the 14th March for this free event that will bring together business leaders, senior representatives from local and central government and Enterprise M3 LEP partners to discuss:
• How businesses travel and access key markets;
• How business can ensure the LEP works hard to maximise their potential and productivity
• Future opportunities and how we can promote success in the LEP area.
• Ensuring government understands how investment and business growth in our area will significantly support the national economy.
We are delighted to announce that the following speakers have been confirmed:
• Emma Gilthorpe – Executive Director, Expansion, Heathrow Airport
o Emma will discuss the expansion of Heathrow and how this will support businesses in the Enterprise M3 area.
• Gareth Rogers – CEO Farnborough International
o Gareth will speak on Farnborough International and the importance of the international airshow to the regional and national economy
• Geoff French CBE – Chair Transport for South East
o Geoff will speak on a partnered approach to delivering major infrastructure that will drive transformational change
• Michèle Dix CBE – Managing Director, Crossrail 2
o Michèle will highlight the wider economic benefits of Crossrail 2 within the Enterprise M3 corridor and how schemes such as this help deliver regional growth
• Dr Mike Short CBE – Chair of Enterprise M3 LEP and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Department for International Trade
o Mike will explore the digital revolution in transport, considering the potential for connected and autonomous vehicles
• Rob Wallis – CEO Transport Research Labratory
o Rob will discuss how smart mobility synchronises with connected and autonomous vehicles and the opportunities that they can offer to business travel
Lunch and refreshments will be provided during the day.
A full agenda will be issued closer to the date of the conference.
Wednesday 14 March 2018
H.G. Wells Conference & Events Centre
Woking, GU21 6HJ
9:30am – 4:00pm